Monday, August 15, 2016

Things I Wish I'd Known Before Going to College....

You'll only have ONE first day of college. And for some of you, that day is almost here! 

Congratulations!!! And get ready for a wild ride! 

You'll have tons of questions and will probably want to figure out all the answers on your own. After all, you're in college----You're independent now, right?! 

But we all need help! And we all have questions we need someone else to answer. Don't be afraid to ask! 

For example, when I was choosing classes for my first semester in college, I had NO IDEA what R stood for next to some of the class titles. I agonized over it. I spent so much time trying to figure it out on my own. I got more and more nervous. No one at home knew what it meant. I was so nervous that since I couldn't figure that out, it meant I'd fail EVERYTHING! (Remember the "Hot Buttons"? I thought I wasn't good enough, I felt stupid, I was sure I would fail!) Finally, I called my college and asked. It turns out it stood for Thursday! Those classes met on Thursday! 
That was not the last question I asked as I learned how to navigate college......
(I had questions about what classes I was supposed to take, how to access a scholarship for books, where to get the best food on campus, how to meet new people, what to major in, how to get a job while also going to school to name just a few!)

Check out the links below for some funny and/or serious lists of 
Things People Wish They'd Known Before Going to College! 




What do you wish you'd known before going to college? 
Share your story in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment